Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
The School of Intelligent Software and Engineering，Nanjing University
I. The School of Intelligent Software and Engineering
The School of Intelligent Software and Engineering at Nanjing University is one of the first colleges established at the Suzhou campus of Nanjing University. It aims to meet national strategic demands, cultivate innovative talents, develop and establish a new generation of intelligent software engineering methods and technological systems. Following a strategy that combines innovative and distinctive development, the school focuses on cultivating innovative talents in intelligent software, to meet the national requirements for enhancing critical software innovation and supply capabilities, and to drive high-quality development of the national software industry. The school will leverage the strengths of Nanjing University in software engineering, the platform of State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology and the talent training base of national featured demonstrative software college, and also integrate the development needs of advanced software industry in Suzhou. It will construct an outstanding talent cultivation system in software engineering, by taking software engineering as the foundation, emphasizing intelligent software as its specialty, and employing industry-academia collaboration as the approach. This system will encompass cutting-edge fields of information technology such as large language models, cloud computing, big data, machine learning, the Internet of Things, industrial internet, blockchain, and more. The objective of this system is to nurture internationally-oriented, high-level, multi-disciplinary professional talents.
II. The Positions
The School of Intelligent Software and Engineering at Nanjing University, relying on the State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology is globally recruiting top-tier leading talents and outstanding young innovators in the fields of software, intelligence, and related areas. The primary focus of this recruitment is on the position of Tenure-track Assistant Professor, with several positions available. Higher positions for particularly outstanding scholars are available and application will be considered individually. Specific fields of research open for recruitment are:
1. Software Engineering
2. Computer Science and Technology
3. Cyberspace Security
4. Information and Communication Engineering
III. Conditions for Application
The applicant should
1. abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, and have a passion for teaching and research;
2. abide by the ethics of teachers, uphold academic integrity, be willing to work diligently, and have no criminal record or record in breaching the ethics of teachers and/or academic integrity;
3. have a first-rate background in academic training—specifically, a PhD in relevant disciplines, experience in studying and/or working at first-rate teaching and research institutions, and knowledge of the latest international trends and development in the relevant research field(s); The applicant for Assistant Professor should have engaged in academic research for more than two years after receiving the doctoral degree. The applicant for Associate Professor should have engaged in academic research for more than four years after receiving the doctoral degree.
4. have outstanding teaching abilities—the applicant should be able to teach core and frontline courses in the corresponding discipline, and have sound teaching methodology and strong verbal skills;
5. demonstrate outstanding research output and potential—the applicant should have publications in his/her field of research, original ideas about relevant fields of research, a clear vision about future research plans, and good potential for further academic development.
IV. Supporting Materials for Application
1. A letter of application (please specify the field of research and position applied for)
2. A detailed CV (please include a list of publications)
3. An introduction of your research results and their innovative significance
4. A plan for research and its prospects
5. Three reference letters
6. An account of experience in teaching.
Please login to the talent recruitment platform of Nanjing University (http://zp.nju.edu.cn/) to submit the application materials required.
V. Benefits Package
1. An annual salary (to be worked out individually)
2. A start-up fund for research
3. Qualification to supervise graduate students
4. The university provides short-term lodging and housing subsidies. Applicants recruited can purchase commercial housing offered by the university at a special discount
5. The university provides assistance with children’s schooling at primary and secondary school levels.
VI. Application Deadline
Rolling recruitment (Interviews and evaluations will be organized in several batches depending on the number of actual applicants) .
VII. Contact Details
Tel.: +86 18551760069 (Mrs Shi)
Official Website: https://ise.nju.edu.cn/
地址：苏州市太湖大道 1520 号
版权所有：南京大学智能软件与工程学院Copyright © All Rights Reserverd